AX2012 SSRS error when trying to add a data method

Normally, adding a new data method to a SSRS report in a ReportModel project will automatically build the xxx.budinessLogic project.
I don't know how to reproduce this, but today I ran into a problem that when I try to add a data method to a SSRS report (which had no data methods previously) I get an error message saying:

"could not resolve xxx.BusinessLogic from the AOT. Verify that the Buiness logic library property is set correctly, the referenced project is added to the solution and loaded"

The work around is actually fairly straight forward:
1) Add a new report in the same solution.
2) Add a new data method in the new report. By doing so the businessLogic project is created like it should.
3) Delete the report created in step 1.
Well, took me awhile to think of trying this. But at least I can move on now. =]

Comments